Section 1 – General Provisions.
Each member should attend this club’s regular meetings. A member shall be counted as attending a regular meeting if the member is present for at least 60 percent of the meeting, or is present and is called away unexpectedly and subsequently produces evidence to the satisfaction of the board that such action was reasonable, or makes up for an absence in any of the following ways:
(1) 14 Days Before or After the Meeting. If, within fourteen (14) days before or after the regular time for that meeting, the member:
(b) Attends at least 60 percent of the regular meeting of another club or of a provisional club; or
(c) Attends a regular meeting of a Rotaract or Interact club or Rotary Community Corps; or
(d) Attends a convention of RI, a council on legislation, an international assembly, a Rotary institute for past and present officers of RI, a Rotary institute for past, present, and incoming officers of RI, or any other meeting convened with the approval of the board of directors of RI or the president of RI acting on behalf of the board of directors of RI, a Rotary multizone conference, a meeting of a committee of RI, a Rotary district conference, a Rotary district assembly; any district meeting held by direction of the board of directors of RI, any district committee meeting held by direction of the district governor, or a regularly announced intercity meeting of Rotary clubs; or
(e) Is present at the usual time and place of a regular meeting of another club for the purpose of attending such meeting, but that club is not meeting at that time or place; or
(f) Attends and participates in a club service project or a club-sponsored community event or meeting authorized by the board; or
(g) Attends a board meeting; if authorized by the board, a meeting of a service committee to which the member is assigned.
When a member is outside the member’s country of residence for more than fourteen (14) days, the time restriction shall not be imposed so that the member may attend meetings in another country at any time during the travel period, and each such attendance shall count as a valid make-up for any regular meeting missed during the member’s time abroad.
(1) At the Time of the Meeting. If, at the time of the meeting, the member is:
(a) Traveling with reasonable directness to or from one of the meetings specified in sub-subsection (a) (3 ) of this section; or
(b) Serving as an officer or member of a committee of RI, or a trustee of The Rotary Foundation; or
(c) Serving as the special representative of the district governor in the formation of a new club; or
(d) On Rotary business in the employ of RI; or
(e) Directly and actively engaged in a district-sponsored or RI-or Rotary Foundation-sponsored service project in a remote area where making up attendance is impossible; or
(f) Engaged in Rotary business duly authorized by the board which precludes attendance at the meeting.
(2) Extended Absence on Outposted Assignment. If the member, while working within the member’s own country of residence for an extended period on any outposted assignment and with the mutual agreement of the member’s club and a designated club, attends meetings of the designated club.
Section 2 – Excused Absences.
A member’s absence shall be excused if:
(1) The absence complies with the conditions and under circumstances approved by the board. The board may excuse a member’s absence for reasons that it considers to be good and sufficient.
(2) The aggregate of the member’s years of age and years of membership in one or more clubs is 85 years or more and the member has notified the club secretary in writing of the member’s desire to be excused from attendance and the board has approved.
Section 3 – RI Officers’ Absences.
A member’s absence shall be excused if the member is a current officer of Rotary International.
Section 4 – Attendance Records.
Any member whose absences are excused under the provisions of subsection (b) or section 2 of this article shall not be included in the membership figure used to compute this club’s attendance nor shall such absences or attendances be used for that purpose.