Catalina Rotary Club Member Bio
My Rotary Story
Born in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, Gayle Peacock graduated from the University of North Carolina and received a Master of Business Administration from Georgia State University. In 2012, Gayle received a graduate certificate in Non-Profit Management from the Humphrey Institute of Public Affairs at the University of Minnesota.
Gayle lived in Tucson from 1967-77 while her father worked at the University of Arizona. In 2019, she returned for her Catalina High School reunion and was reminded of her love for the desert. In 2020, she moved back to Tucson.
Gayle enjoys hiking the Camino trails of Europe and exploring the outdoors in a camper van. Most recently, she served as a volunteer at Yosemite National Park.
Gayle has a daughter who is a third-year medical resident at the University of Chicago, and a son who is a Sheriff’s Deputy in South Carolina.
Gayle’s favorite Rotary memory involves hiking in Italy. By chance, she booked a room in a home in Rieti which was run by a Rotarian. They spent the day together touring the town and talking about issues in Italy that perhaps Rotary could assist in.
Rotary and Service History:
- Organized a relief effort in response to Hurricane Katrina resulting in trucks of supplies sent to evacuees within the first week of Katrina’s landfall.
- Served as Chapel Hill Rotary Club President 2016-17.
- Member of Catalina Rotary’s “Alternative El Tour de Tucson” team during November of 2020. Gayle was part of a bike team that rode all 55 miles of The Loop and helped Catalina Rotary raise over $10,000 for Polio Plus in response to the pandemic-related cancellation of The Ride to End Polio that year.
- Chairman of the Board of the Boys and Girls Club of Chapel Hill.
- Currently engaged in non-profit efforts surrounding health care in Malawi, Africa.
Place of Birth / Hometown
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
When joined Catalina Rotary / Sponsor
April 2022 / Tom Robertson
Return to Member Roster