Catalina Rotary Club Member Bio
Operations & Financial Management
My Rotary Story
I grew up in a home that valued service. My father was a Rotarian as well as a volunteer with other organizations. My mother was on the board of several organizations including the Evanston Salvation Army.
Since 1985, when Rotary announced The Fight to End Polio as its number one goal, I began my financial support, even though I was not yet a member. With me it is personal: my father had juvenile polio in the 1920’s. While Polio remains endemic in only two countries to date, the final mile of this journey has proven elusive. Money and vaccine are still critically needed. I am constantly amazed at the number of Rotary volunteers that continue to fight this dreaded disease and the support of international partners like UNESCO and The Gates Foundation.
I had a friend whose father had inscribed on his very large front porch façade: “of whom much is given, much is expected”. That quote has stayed with me. I have had a very successful career and family and I am happy to give back to my community in time, talent and treasure.
It’s great to be able to give back as a Catalina Rotarian.
Andrew Duncan Kerr
Pamela Snite Kerr
Place of Birth/Hometown
Chicago, IL. Raised in Evanston, IL.
Monmouth College (BA)
Northwestern University (MBA).
How long in Tucson
We have owned a home since 2002. I have been traveling here for business since the late 1990’s. Full time resident since July 2016
Wife – Pam
• Son Andrew with daughter-in-law Lindsay and granddaughter Avi (Audrey Vivian) in Eugene, OR.
• Son Mathias (Matt) with daughter-in-law Chelsea and grandson Bradley in Lake Forest, IL.
I enjoyed a storied three stage, forty-two-year career in banking – health care – education. I am currently a retired, full-time volunteer
• Commercial/International banking at Northern Trust and Citibank
• Bank technology at Continental Bank/Bank of America
• Technology management in Health Care (Health Care Service Corporation (HCSC), aka BlueCross BlueShield of Illinois, Texas, New Mexico, and Oklahoma)
• CFO of Lake Forest Academy (secondary school independent college prep academy)
Major Career Milestones
• Wrote a chapter in one of the first books on Corporate Cash Management
• Spoke at Cash Management seminars in NYC, Portugal, and New Zealand
• While at Citibank, our department was named number one in the international treasury consulting industry for four years running in the mid-1980s
• Built one new building a year as CFO at Lake Forest Academy, doubling the campus building square footage, while running balanced budgets and increasing the endowment
• Grooming and developing young talent that went on to achieve great success in and out of corporate America mostly at Citibank but also at HCSC
• I joined Catalina Rotary as a Rotarian in 2017 – Al Chesser was my sponsor
• I have served as Treasurer of Catalina Rotary Club and Foundation for the past four years
• My wife, Pam, has been a Rotarian since 1997 and I have supported her time as a Rotarian, especially during 2008-2009 when she was a District Governor of D6440
• I have attended six international conventions and met thousands of Rotarians from around the world and have made literally hundreds of lifetime friends in Rotary
• We have hosted Rotary International President Elect Jennifer Jones and her husband Nick in our home in Tucson
Return to Member Roster