Rotary Year 2017-2018
Director: Anita McDonald
Publicity and Special Events
Website & Social Media: – Social Media Chair – Steve Pender
Committee Roles and Responsibilities
The role of the club public relations committee is to inform the public about Rotary and promote the club’s service projects and activities. Having strong public relations ensures that communities around the world know that Rotary is a credible organization that meets real needs.
When a Rotary club has a positive public image, current members are motivated to be active and prospective members are eager to join.
The responsibilities of the club public relations committee summarized below are explained further in this chapter:
- Develop committee goals to achieve the club’s public relations yearly goals.
- Promote Rotary and your Rotary club in your community.
- Work with Rotarians in your club to maximize public relations efforts.
- Understand the components of public relations that will help you promote Rotary to the community.
- Know Rotary’s key messages and be able to use them when speaking in public.
As you read more about these responsibilities below, think about your committee goals, what your action plan will be, and what resources you will need for your year.