Rotary Year 2017-2018
Director: Norm Rebenstorf
Development and Retention (Incl. Classification)
Rotary Information – Chair: Norm Rebenstorf
STAR Group Advisor(s): Al & Sharyn Chesser
Committee Roles and Responsibilities
The role of the membership committee is to develop and implement an action plan for membership development. To be effective, a Rotary club needs members. Your club’s ability to serve the community, support The Rotary Foundation, and develop leaders capable of serving Rotary beyond the club level is directly related to the size and strength of your club’s membership base.
The responsibilities of the club membership committee summarized below are explained further in this chapter:
- Develop committee goals to achieve club membership goals for the coming year.
- Conduct club assessments to determine strengths and weaknesses.
- Work with the public relations committee to create a positive club image that is attractive to prospective and current members alike.
- Develop programs to educate and train new and current club members.
- Sponsor newly organized clubs in your district, if applicable.
As you read more about these responsibilities below, think about your committee goals, what your action plan will be, and what resources you will need for your year.