Heather McGovern discusses the current status of Covid within the Tucson community, including spread, mitigation efforts, vaccines (and boosters) and the overall pandemic outlook.
Heather McGovern, MPA is the Epidemiology Program Manager for the Pima County Health Department and proudly identifies as part of the LGBTQ community.
For the last 12 1/2 years, Heather has worked in various leadership roles within the behavioral health field. Working for the public health system has allowed Heather to successfully deal with many non-traditional business situations.
Heather holds a Master’s Degree in Public Administration. She has experience in nonprofit management and a vast network of contacts in public and private entities. She uses these resources to gain knowledge and maintain best practices related to employee relations, business operations, finance and management.
Heather’s career highlights include:
• Joining the Pima County Department of Health
• Joining the NAMI Board of Directors
• Asserting multiple agency’s presence in the health community, in order to reduce stigma around peer- and family-run organizations
• Visioning multiple agency’s financial growth plan and acquiring funding streams though grants, contracts and partnerships to diversify funding over her tenure.
• Hiring diverse and experienced staff
• Creating a consultation company to assist smaller community organizations in infrastructure development
• Teaching at the University of Arizona School for Government and Public Policy for 5 years in their undergraduate public administration program
Some pics from our October 8, 2021 hybrid meeting.